East Midlands Trains scoops Customer Service Award at Nottinghamshire Chamber Business Awards
-Train operator recognised for range of efforts to improve experience for all customers.
-Award recognised a number of projects, including major campaign to keep passengers informed and moving during 6 week project to improve and modernise Nottingham rail services.
-Latest award follows East Midlands Trains being named Passenger Operator of the Year at National Rail Awards last month
East Midlands Trains has scooped a prestigious award for its ongoing efforts to improve the service it provides to customers.
The train operator was recognised at the Chambers Business Awards Nottinghamshire on Friday 26th September, winning the award for ‘Excellence in Customer Service’. The Panel praised East Midlands Trains for a range of initiatives and projects, including:
– Keeping passengers informed around the Nottingham re-signalling project which included suspending train services for 6 weeks at one of the country’s busiest stations.
– Offering customers a 15% discount during the 6 weeks of suspended train services.
– East Midlands Trains became the first UK train operator to introduce a dedicated 24/7 customer contact team within its operational control centre.
– Introduced a campaign called ‘Doing the Right Thing’ which empowered staff to help customers with ticketing and fare queries.
– Introduced annual Customer Service Awards to encourage excellent customer service throughout the organisation.
Neil Micklethwaite, Customer Service and Commercial Director at East Midlands Trains, said:
“Providing a first class service to our customers is at the heart of everything we do and it is therefore absolutely brilliant news that this has been recognised by the Nottinghamshire Chamber Business Awards.
“In the last few years we have introduced innovative and ground breaking services and ways of keeping our customers informed as well as empowering our staff to do the same.
“Just last month East Midlands Trains won the prestigious Passenger Operator of the Year award at the National Rail Awards and it is fantastic to follow that up with another award, further demonstrating our commitment to providing an excellent service right across the network.”