East Coast is inviting its customers to have their say on a bold new design for its website as it aims to set a new benchmark for the rail industry.
As well as providing the lowest fares available anywhere for East Coast travel, the operator’s website is also a vital information portal which its users need to be able to access and use quickly, anywhere and at any time.
Design teams have been working hard behind the scenes on a redesign for the site – its first major overhaul for seven years – and from today (Friday 1 August 2014), customers can see a ‘beta’ test version of the site and give their feedback on how easy it is to navigate and use.
Digital Manager Emma Passey said:
“The current East Coast website has given excellent service to many thousands of our customers over the years, but the rapidly changing digital world means we need to make sure it keeps on improving.”
“We’re always looking to offer a better service, and we’ve been working hard to design a brand-new website which is bigger, fresher and better looking. But the changes are much more than a simple facelift – we’ve made several important upgrades to the site which we’re sure will prove popular with customers old and new.”
“From today (Friday 1 August 2014), customers will be able to follow a link from the existing East Coast website to access a ‘beta’ or test version of the new website. “
“We’re inviting everyone who uses the current site to take a few moments to review the new site and let us know what they think of it. This valued feedback will help us as we prepare to launch the full new website in the coming weeks.”
East Coast’s new-look website delivers the following key improvements:
• The full service on every device – whether it’s on a desktop computer, laptop, tablet, phablet or mobile phone and whenever, wherever or however a customer uses the website. Full width colour images are visible from the moment a customer clicks onto the homepage, encouraging further exploration of the site
• Responsive to the screen you’re viewing on – the site automatically detects what sort of screen you’re using and adapts accordingly. So, it works as well on a tiny mobile phone touchscreen as it does on a full-size desktop computer
• Easier to get around – the new site is organised around the things East Coast customers’ value most. That means quick and easy access, whether it’s to choose a ticket, service or destination, to keep up to date with train running information, or to keep track of Rewards loyalty points and what can be bought with them
• Clear and easy to find travel information – via quick links from the homepage, and instantly accessible headline information when services are disrupted
• Upgraded search facility – to help navigate around the new-look site
• Personalised and swifter Rewards – East Coast Rewards loyalty scheme members old and new can look forward to a streamlined section which makes choosing and using Rewards much easier. The new site offers options to personalise the site to show Rewards points and best deals on fares based on the customer’s chosen journeys and destinations. It also makes joining the Rewards scheme simpler, offering more chances to collect and spend Rewards points on a great range of gifts and treats.
• Customer advice that’s easy to find – a new customer services section packed with helpful advice and answers to frequently asked questions, plus quick and easy ways to get in touch with East Coast
East Coast says the most popular features of its existing website will be carried forward into the newly redesigned site, so customers will still find:
• The East Coast Price Promise – a guarantee that East Coast’s cheapest fares are always available via its website, or East Coast will refund the difference. More here: http://www.eastcoast.co.uk/price-promise/
• No booking or card fees when you buy tickets online at www.eastcoast.co.uk
• Earn Rewards points every time you book via www.eastcoast.co.uk – even for journeys on other companies’ trains
• Discounts for small groups travelling together
• The ability to choose your favourite seat from a train plan, and really feel at home.
For full details of East Coast services and its award-winning Rewards loyalty programme, visit www.eastcoast.co.uk